Journey Around the World: Beautiful Munich and its surroundings

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beautiful Munich and its surroundings

Munich is pretty! Heaps prettier than Frankfurt =) Life is getting exciting again. Love my room. Getting involved in Badminton again. Someone invited me to go to Mannheim, 345km North-West from Munich, around the 1st to 3rd of May to play in a competition. I feel honored and excited. 



The English Garden is only a stone throw away from my place. Cycling through it has become a new hobby, especially when I first came! This panorama is a tiny lake in the HUGE garden=)



Frequent sight of surfers despite the "No Surfers" Warning! There is no more need to travel in Bali to surf! Come to Munich instead ;)



My dear Friend Hans! A HUGE tasty crispy pretzel for 3,50 EUROS! Madness! Once in a while treat :)


Beautiful lighted fountain. A nice sight when cycling back home at night from the city. Thanks Hans for the panorama! We need to go there once more!


An overview in Füssen, where the Disney castle stands.


Renate visited me from Mannheim beginning of April! It was nice to see her again ;)  The New Zealand days and experiences bond us together like Kit-Kat! =) I guess, army experiences bond the guys together as well unconsciously?


Hans, Renate and I travelled to Chiemsee, 3 hrs from Munich with the train and we visited the Herrenchiemsee Castle, one of the lavish castle by King Ludwig. It was totally fancy and intricate on the inside. Heaps of money was pumped in for a castle which he stayed in for only 10days? I reckon that was how taxes from the people were spent on in the past eh!








Wanna learn Bayrish? I am contented with German!



Laura came to visit the day after renate left and I was the tour guide again.. Our pretty picture in English Garden.



A day at Füssen. Hans company was nice and appreciated, as always. I learn ALOT from him! Thanks! He is another person that helps me to grow as a person apart from Nicolas! 





Laura, Hans' Friend Heather and me.



No comments: