Journey Around the World: New Love:Paulo Coehlo

Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Love:Paulo Coehlo



Reading was rarely my cup of tea unless I come about books that interest me. Books worth reading are those when my brain goes, " This book has intrigued some thoughts and I have learnt something." when i finish the book. The urge to read arose recently and I bought one of my rare books, Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo. Thank to mei for finding a good deal for me. I found one for 8.50 euros but she did a better job and got one for 8.50 USD (6.24 euros)! Power eh... Dont pray pray eh...


I had a great impression of Paulo Coehlo after reading "Veronica decides to die" and it was very good.

Inspired by events in Coelho's own life, Veronika Decides to Die questions the meaning of madness and celebrates individuals who do not fit into patterns society considers to be normal. Bold and illuminating, it is a dazzling portrait of a young woman at the crossroads of despair and liberation, and a poetic, exuberant appreciation of each day as a renewed opportunity.







'The Warrior knows that he is free to choose his desires, and he makes these decisions with courage, detachment, and sometimes with just a touch of madness.'
Adapted from Warrior of the Light, Paulo Coehlo

No comments: