Journey Around the World: Weekend at Stuttgart

Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend at Stuttgart

Santa Claus is coming to town!!!  *Jingle Bells* X'mas is around the corner! Look at the pretty decorations at my hostel's entrance! It must be the Housemaster's efforts again=) Looking forward to going to Christmas markets in Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Poland, BArcelona and hopefully in Belgium and the Niederlands as well if they have!




*I took this pict with ELvin in mind* =) 

This weekend trip was totally random and last minute. Usually my trips are planned well well ahead of time. Diana was driving to Stuttgart with her friend and asked if I wanted to go along and I would see the city while they visited her bf's boss from BOSCH! Sounded like a good idea. I den contacted Zollin who is now doing an Internship at BOSCH at Stuttgart and conincidentally, he is meeting Haoming to go Factory Outlet and I went along with them! This Factory Outlet is not that big. It has about 30 shops with good deals for branded goods. Unfortunately, the stuff are not cheap enuff for my tight budget!


Happened to ask someone about Factory Outlets near Frankfurt and I think there is one near Würzburg,Wertheim which is 1 hr drive away with about 150 shops! Apparently all stuff are on crazy sale on boxing day, 26th Dec! You wont find me there!



The evening was spent walking through the city. The shopping street totally looked like those in Frankfurt. Thought i was in Frankfurt for a while...  Stuttgart is very unique in a way coz it is like a valley, with the city centre all the way at the bottom and the hsing and residential areas are on hill tops! The view must be awesome from the top! It was nice seeing lights on the hills at night...



There was a tiny Markt in Stuutgart, probabaly like a pre-Xmas MArt thingy! On the left is an ice-skating ring! 5 Euros for students! How cool is that!






Slabs of nuts coated with chocolate! Mouth watering....




Trip to Stuttgart was on Saturday. Sunday morning was spent playing a badminton match which ended in a draw, and the evening was spent making Jiao Zi Dumplings with Yanling, and talking heaps to Diana! I enjoyed my weekend!

No comments: