Journey Around the World: 1st snow in Germany!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

1st snow in Germany!

Friday in the city was very nice with Diana! It started off with a 4hr shopping in the city which passed in a wink of an eye! It was freezing yesterday! It is very annoying to go shopping in cold countries! Just imagine wearing a few layers of jackets, warm and nice in the cold, and having to step into a shop with full blast heater just makes you start sweating! It gets worse if you are lazy and leave ya coats on! But shopping was still very nice nevertheless=) Diana's company is always great! We get along vvvv well and " you yi jian ru gu de gan jue"! I will miss her when i leave Frankfurt!


Stalls(as seen the picture above) were all set up and ready for the Christmas Market which starts on the 26th of nov here!So exciting!! Looking to white, cold Xmas!



 
Portable German Sausage man! Cool umbrella! He was carrying some gas on his back as well for the grill! The whole thing weighs about 14kg!


Crossing the bridge that spans across the Mainz River yesterday for the first time yesterday! The night scenery made me realise that Frankfurt is not as Ugly as i think it is! It is very nice just standing there and breathing!



After shopping, we went to meet some friends at a cocktail bar for a drink and some food! We then when bar hopping to a Columbian baR! Interesting music and saw some people dancing! I would rather dance with Latin american music than clubbing hip hop music IF i could dance ;) Realise that my alcohol-threshold is not very high yesterday. Felt a bit floaty after drinking ONE Long Island ICe Tea cocktail with low alcohol content!!

This picture was taking in a n attempt to caoture the falling snow but in vain! When we came out of the Colobian bar, I tot it was raining when Diana said that it was snowing!!!!! Affirmation came when i saw white snow droplets on my black coat! I got all excited!!! It started pouring after a while!!! and more snow fell, not rain!! Our hair, coats, bags shoes all had snow!! I could hardly contained my excitement!!! Looking forward to more snow on Sunday!!!!!! I love snow! I have seen alot of snow in USA n 2003... But it is just different. Maybe coz I din really see snow falling but saw in all on the ground! Also, i think it is just very different seeing snow in a place that i am living now as opposed to rain taht i have been seeing in Spore for the past 20 years of my life! I was probably the most excited person in Germany yesterday when it snowed!! 



No comments: