Journey Around the World: Happy day

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy day

Today was a happy happy day. No plans. Clearing my room and making a trip down to Paya Lebar to have a photo taken for MOE were the only ones on the agenda. It turned out to be eventful. All would have been better if I havnt got a flu. Nose became hyper active and was running non-stop!


Photo taking was swift and I was back by noon. Went for lunch with parents and had great prawn mee!

Jane managed to help me get Newater for Michael from her school and she went through quite a bit of walking up and down to locate it! Thanks for the trouble. Appreciate it=) Met her at Marine Parade Polyclinic coz she was there to get a referral for her hearing problem. I accompanied her coz I was free! I really felt free and had a say over how I wanna spend my time. That felt great! Great! We went for some shaved ice at 32 degrees Fahrenheit and it was really nice! Nic, I must bring you there when you are back. You will love it! Chit chatting was great! Jane asked, if you were rich now, what do you wanna be rich for? I said, I would wanna be rich for Liquid Chocolate. On second thought, I just want Liquid Chocolate to do well-I consider its currently sales/rental volume as satisfactory and I am really happy with it and the sense of satisfaction is there because something I "created" is working=) But this will always remain a sideline thing as I cannot imagine doing Liquid Chocolate full time. I need to do something meaningful and purposeful to keep me alive and for now, I think that is teaching. Liquid Chocolate is like a hobby just like climbing and badminton. Dun think I can do them full time. I wanna be rich for something meaningful. But the irony is that teachers can never get rich. Haha...

I made some progress with packing my room and am planning to keep up with it and hope to finish packing before I head off to Germany. May the dust in my room go easy on my nose. *drowsy and tired*

Daniel called to meet up! Off we went to ice cream chef! It was nice as usual. I hope I get to enjoy teaching, have nice colleagues that will help one another and greet each other good morning along the corridors coz I love that in Germany! Is the influx of foreign immigrants a reason for the lack of rootedness that Singaporeans have for Singapore? My reason for wanting to leave(if the desire is ever strong enuff), would not be the influx of foreigners but because I want to live life differently, want to have a greater emphasis on quality of life, liking the German culture etc..

10:30pm onwards was spent meeting renfu and yixin at Tamp Ave 4 Blk802, coincidentally opposite Likeng's flat. He joined us for ice cream and we hanged out at the void deck after the ice cream shop closed. Renfu made interesting balloons for yixin.


On yixin's left hand was my flower bookmark to her, on her right hand was marcus flower to her (immitation of the flower I gave!). The rabbit was a copy of yx's t-shirt design. Cool right=)



Other works from Marcus:


Complicated "heart" from marcus. Dino, my ipod holder, wanted a picture with hearty=)



A bear was floating in the Balloon =) The white part got frosty after a day and it looked snowy. Beary probably enjoyed skiing in the Alps;)




Lunch with Zhen andMarcus during my final sem! =)


Zhen was moody. So here's a cap to cheer her up since her hands were full with other balloons from marcus=)


THE Balloon Sculpture @ Work!

No comments: