Journey Around the World: An unexpectedly fruitful week end

Sunday, August 10, 2008

An unexpectedly fruitful week end

It all started when I was talking to Diana, a Latin-American girl who is staying in the same hostel at me. I bumped into her when I was moving in on the first day. After some conversations, I realised that she is also working for Bayer CropScience at the Industriepark in Höchst but in a different building! What a coincidence=) It is a rare sight to see ppl around the hostel really. Probably coz most people are having summer vacation now. Diana invited me to join her friends and herself at the Frankfurt city centre on Saturday. That was very nice of her! Thanks Diana. Appreciate it! It was great fun and it was great meeting ya friendß! Es war echt super!

We were looking for Jeans for a while before settling down at a “Beach Club”! I like the whole concept of the Beach cafe! It was on the 5th Floor of a random building in the city centre where all the shopping centres were and there was sand, water and sun! It was like a huge Pent House with a private pool and bar! We anchored ourselves there for about 3 or 4 hrs before heading for dinner at an Asian Restaurant!

This sight is so common in Thailand! 20 Baht for the seat and 20 baht for coconut! haha.... Just imagine this in the CBD area in Singapore! Lucrative idea..... =)




Private pool for kids! Havnt seen adults swimming in it yet=)


Here is a photo of Diana, natalia and her husband=) I could learn Spanish from them if i really want to and live my first dream of wanting to learn Spanish initially =) Figured that it might be a better idea to just concentrate on German...



At the Asian Restaurant, I had Thai Tom Yum which was nice. Was just wondering how much I would have paid for one in Singapore or Thailand! It is totally different eating Asian Food overseas for me coz I am ASIAN! It is interesting to compare the difference in taste of the Thai/Asian Food in Germany, Singapore or even Thailand! But to be paying 4 Euros for that feels a little rip off! It will probably cost 1 Euro in Thailand? Nicolas knows better=)



After dinner, we headed to the movies! Watched "The Chronicles of Narnia" in German! My 4th movie in German(1st in Spore during German Filmfest, 2nd: Finding Nemo, 3rd Eisbärchen)! It was not too bad=) Paid 8 Euros for that though... Looks like movies in Spore are not expensive at all=) haha....

On Sunday, Diana and I did lunch together and we had Asian food! Fried rice with grilled chicken=) We had a chopsticks session at lunch=) Managed to use wireless internet at Diana's room=) Internet at my roo is gonna take a while... What to do... Germans' efficiency are limited!

No comments: