Journey Around the World: My Home. Singapore.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Home. Singapore.

Phew... A year's adventure just zoomed passed in a wink of an eye. It felt like a long dream and I am back to (hot and humid) reality. The weather is killing me. I miss the weather in Germany-it is better for my soul and nose. I am excited to be home to see everyone, see the changes to Singapore and eating again.. I hope that i wont eat until i expand, balloon, float up into the air and burst with a loud thud! haha... At the same time, looking back at all that i have experienced in Germany, the travels i did, the many good frens i made, I feel nostalgic and time REALLY flies!


It was nice to visit great friends before making my way home in HH and FFM =) It was nice to see Diana and Estella again! (Thanks Diana for ya cute present It is sitting beside my bed at home and i see it everyday!)

Bruises/ blue-black resulted on both knees as a result from carrying my heavy luggage ~30kg + Backpack~17kg. An allowance of 20kg check-in luggage and 7kg hand carry was allowed on my Qatar flight home. Unpacking at the airport was inevitable. I removed 10kg worth of stuff into a huge plastic bag and left it aside as the lady at the check-in desk wanted to weigh both my luggages. As i left the counter, I had to illegally force the 10kg worth of stuff into my backpack which almost exploded! Having to unpack the whole bag at the immigration scanning process did not make things better! Being 2hrs earlier at the airport was almost insufficient!

My parents and nic greeted me at the airport and we went for a feast! Yummy! I ate Laska, Mee Soto, Ju Kue and drank sugarcane juice! It felt like HOME once again. Mum bought LIVE prawns for dinner! I so miss seafood! I need to exercise soon before a diasaster kick in!

Next hurdle up is the packing of HEAPS of stuff in my messy room! Thanks to nic for his great help and encouragement, my room is now in acceptable state!

A very big thank you to all the great friends in Germany who made memories last- Diana, Estella, Martina, Erik, Carlos, Simon, Yihan, Paul etc.... The friendship is treasured and I sincerely look forward to ya visits in Singapore! The guest room at home is already reserved!This blog post is specially dedicated to you guys!

Today is National Day! Happy Bdae Singapore!

No comments: